For start, let’s not forget the evolutionary argument! Humans and pre-humans have been eating fruits for millions of years! The human body is well adapted to the normal intake (per day) of fructose found in nature. For example I never saw a fat monkey, gorilla, or any other fruit/veggie eating species. You see now? Fruits can help us balance our weight! And the fructose in fruit is not to be compared to the (high) fructose found in junk food. Different worlds! There are lots of nutrients in them that are important for health (in my opinion the most important intake with proteins and vegetables). This includes fiber (helps to fill you up and is therefore good for appetite control, may assist you in eating less and it is also good for heart health), vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants… Fruits are “real” foods with life inside of them. They are highly nutritious and so fulfilling that eating them can help you feel more satisfied with less food. It’s very important to avoid eating fruit close to bedtime because of sugar. Your energy will rise and keep you up. With eating fruits your body will thank you with less digestive problems and tons more energy.
I usually eat fruits for breakfast and for snacks. For all breakfast should be the most important meal! Not only does it give you energy to start a new day, but breakfast is linked to many health benefits, including weight control and improved performance.
Let’s mix together more nutrients!
It’s a good idea to switch things up and eat a variety of fruits, because different fruits contain different nutrients! So perfect mix fruits in very short time can be smoothie. We all know smoothies but many people forget that smoothies can be also full of calories if you’re not having control with the ingredients. By choosing the right ingredients, smoothies can be a healthy addition to your diet and provide valuable nutrients without overloading you with calories.
I think making smoothies will become my daily routine for breakfast and snacks.
– improve health
– lose excess weight
– detoxify the body
– digestive issues will go away
– improve the appearance and quality of skin and hair
– it’s fast and easy to do
– I’m full and not feel hungry until lunch
– I have super energy all day
– my intake is filled with fiber, vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants…
I often mix fruits with greens and green (fresh) vegetable. Greens are very light and easy to digest and work perfectly well with raw fruits. You will also get extra nutrients! I use: parsley, basil, mint, bean sprouts, spinach, broccoli, asparagus… But start will small intake of them so you will get comfortable with taste.
Now I will show you some healthy tricks how to make smoothie more healthier and with less calories
1.) Choose healthy thickeners
– organic original soya milk
– coconut water
– low or no fat natural yogurt
– ice (in small quantities)
– almond milk
2.) Flavour naturally
– don’t use any artificial flavours or extra sugary syrups
– choose ripe in season fruit to give your smoothie the best flavour.
3.) Hello sugar!
We all can’t escape from sugar, i know. But then pick the right one…
If smoothie with fruits isn’t sweet enough for you, than you can add:
–stevia (tablet, powder or plant leaves), stevia leaves are at least 250 times sweeter than sugar and with no calories!
– sugar coconut (natural sugar made from sap, which is the sugary circulating fluid of the coconut plant)
–dried fruit (raisins, dates), it’s good if you put them in the water at night. It will be easier to mix in a blender.
4.) Add fibre
– you can always add more in the form of oats, natural muesli, nuts or seeds
(Be careful with adding, one spoon is enough to one smootie – 0,5l)
– seeds with healthy fats – omega-3 fatty acids (chia, linseed, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, walnuts..)
5.) Watch portion size
– I always make one liter of smoothie, so for breakfast I drink half of it and then the rest for snack after lunch (for that kind of smoothie you need to watch on ingridients. Use a lot of greens, 2 or 3 different types of fruit and extra fibres. For thickeners I usually use water or soya. But you can do it in small portion and drink it all. So the best portion size for you is half of liter if you will replace smoothie with a meal.
6. On the top of that!
– consciously thinking about food before a meal and be happy and calm during the meal
– take time for your smoothie
– do it with heart and passion
– always experimenting with ingredients
– relax and enjoy when you will drink it
For the end some summer recipes:
” ingredients are set for 1 liter of smoothie “
1 cup of blueberries
1 big banana
1½ cup of almond milk / water
1½ of water / almond milk
1 tea spoon of vanilla extract
3½ cups of watermelon
2,5cm fresh ginger root
2 spoons of chia seeds
1½ cups of grapefruit
2 cups of melon
1 cup of strawberries with leaves
1 cup of water
a handful of mint / greens
1 cup of raspberries
peel of 1 lemon
1½ cups water
2 peeled oranges
1 cup of water
2 spoons of raw cocoa
1½ cups of water / almond milk